Operational Risk Technology Vice President
Careers Center Risk, Operational Risk, Coverage for Technology, VP, Dallas in Dallas, Texas | Careers at 0001 012 K024 0000|Risk Division|Operational Risk|Operational Risk|Risk Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Risk, Operational Risk, Coverage for Technology, VP, Dallas Location(s) US-TX-Dallas Job ID 2019-54852 Schedule Type Full Time Level Vice President/Executive Director Function(s) Operations, Risk Management Region Americas Division Risk Business Unit Operational Risk Employment Type Employee
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk division is responsible for credit, market and operational risk, model risk, independent liquidity risk, and insurance throughout the firm.
The Operational Risk Management and Analysis (ORMA) Department, an independent risk management function, is responsible for developing and implementing a standardized framework to identify, measure, and monitor and operational risk across the firm.
This Operational Risk Coverage role is for a professional with deep Technology subject matter expertise dedicated to actively employing and strengthening the components of the firm’s operational risk management framework. This role will be responsible to continuously identify, monitor, measure and assess operational risk for the Technology division.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Identify, monitor, analyze and challenge operational risks targeting Technology including but not limited to infrastructure (Compute, Storage, Networking), Data architecture, software best practices, incident management
- Provide a continuous oversight on – IT Risk Identification, Assessment, Mitigation and Monitoring
- Establish and maintain a qualitative/quantitative operational risk appetite/tolerance with associated metrics at the divisional level. Maintain ongoing monitor, triggers, escalation and mitigating actions of the relevant metrics
- Conduct scenario analysis by working with stakeholders to develop and quantify tail scenarios used for capital and stress testing activities
- Facilitate operational risk event and data collection including reporting when necessary; perform detailed reviews of trends to identify significant risks and ensure monitoring and remediation
- Perform New Activity review and ensure operational risks arising from new products and/or business, migrations, etc. are properly considered
- Create and present divisional risk profile assessments by highlighting risk issues and trends to senior divisional managers and senior ORMA management team
- Conduct quarterly trigger assessments for the division to ensure the divisions risk and control self -assessment and tail scenarios remain applicable and current. Provide an oversight on risks and challenge on information systems controls implemented by Technology Division
- Remain current on business drivers, regulatory and industry changes impacting the business
- Contribute to the advancement of operational risk methods and practices and the operational risk management framework
- Identify and drive initiatives that improve the risk management activities at the firm
This role requires an energetic self-starter that can liaise with technology teams both regionally and globally. Solid experience and prudent knowledge in the firm’s technology infrastructure/applications and control requirements are required together with strong interpersonal and analytical skills for this role.
- Strong business acumen with general awareness of Technology related processes, risks and business flows
- Generic understanding of risks and regulations around information security and data privacy
- 5+ years of relevant experience, either working in operational risk or in Technology Divison
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present with impact and influence
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a strong delivery focus
- Strong organizational skills (project management experience a plus)
- Ability to work in a team environment and knowledge share with other colleagues within team
- Proficiency in Excel (pivots, VLookups), PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Tableau (a plus)
- Familiarity with enterprise risk management best-practices and controls
- Possess a Bachelor's Degree
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.