Senior Digital Specialist
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Digital Tools Senior Specialist Job Location US-TX-Dallas | US-MA-Boston | US-IL-Chicago | US-GA-Atlanta | US-TX-Houston Job ID 2019-3738 Posted Date 8/15/2019 Category Bain Capability Network Type Regular Full-Time Location : Location US-TX-Dallas
Bain & Company is one of the world's leading global business consulting firms, serving clients across six continents. The firm was founded in 1973 on the principle that consultants must measure their success in terms of their clients' financial results. Bain's clients have outperformed the stock market 4 to 1. With offices in all major cities, Bain has worked with over 4,150 major multinational and other corporations from every economic sector, in every region of the world.
A career at Bain & Company will provide the opportunity to learn in a collaborative teaming environment, drive impact to support our 'Results' mission statement. The firm has a passionate and rich culture that offers an unparalleled business experience that can carry throughout a career. We hire dynamic individuals that are dedicated to achieving both personal and professional goals. To learn more about the firm, please visit https://www.bain.com/.
Bain Capability Network:
In 2004, the firm established its presence in the Indian market by opening the Bain Capability Center (BCC) in New Delhi. Over the years’ the BCC has played a critical role in augmenting Bain's case teams globally with analytics and research across all industries, for corporate cases, client development, private equity diligence as well as Bain intellectual property. On the back of a highly successful model, there is significant need and enthusiasm in expanding the group globally as the Bain Capability Network (BCN).
This is an exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial oriented person to help define, setup and drive the path to build the BCN with nodes in India, EMEA and North America.
About the Role
As a starting point, this position has the core responsibility to play a programmatic role for the various digital and data analytics tools in Private Equity (PE) and Corporate Cases. This includes working with the Consulting Manager, Center of Expertise (CoE), currently based out of Asia and Europe, as well as Bain partners to deliver the digital analytics product in end client engagements.
The role would also provide the opportunity to work with the BCN head and Digital Expert VP and offshore PEG and Digital CoE leads to design the optimal approach to product delivery by leveraging the appropriate digital & data analytics tools available to Bain. The Senior Specialist is expected to lead multiple product delivery teams for one or more high growth areas for the firm. The Senior Specialist will be looked at as a seasoned leader with significant subject matter experience and team leading/case management role across geographies. This position will add value to the program and region with their expertise in their functional area, able to influence case teams on key issues.
On client work: The senior specialist would play an experienced onsite expert role, with a clear understanding and experience of the digital and data analytics tools. The senior specialist would have individual responsibility for client deliverables, and will also act as a conduit between onshore case team, offsite CoE team and external 3rd party vendors, as below:
- Work with case team leadership to understand scope of work and provide advice on appropriate digital, data analytics tools
- Liaise with the client map to understand and advise on client internal data as well as external data (through tools) availability
- Work with case team to deliver digital/data analytics products and workstreams on projects leveraging available tools and provide critical insights; leverage CoE teams as appropriate to deliver on work streams
- Train clients (in conjunction with the Consulting Manager) to implement new tools and analytics; continuously develop and share latest use cases for each tool, new ways of implementing tools with Bain PE and Corporate leadership
- Co-locate with Bain case team or offshore CoE as required
Beyond specific client work
- Diligence new 3rd party tool vendors – identify the right vendors based on client needs, schedule demos as needed and provide an evaluation of the tools, along with recommendations; Liaise with 3rd party vendor, Expert VP, legal teams etc. as needed to onboard the vendor
- Work closely with BCN initiative leader and Digital Expert VP to help with proposal and other areas as required to deepen ability to serve and increase adoption of CoE based delivery model
- Support BCN lead in ongoing dialog with key stakeholders to understand future and changing needs and influence team priorities, capabilities and structure accordingly
- Proactively suggests solutions; drive new demand for CoE, within and beyond current scope
- Exert strong positive influence and professional development for team member by leveraging content expertise to provide coaching on problem solving, work-planning, data analysis etc. as applicable
- Constructively engage in mutual feedback process with supervisor and team members
- Participates in developing programmatic elements of the initiative they are part of, including planning, recruiting, developing people, training etc. as required
Leadership: Act as part of the BCN leadership team; involved in steering and implementing the course of the initiative they are leading
- Working with the BCN Head and CoE Service Line Lead, help manage the professional development of case team members around the BCN topic area through skill planning, formal and informal coaching, and performance feedback
- BA or equivalent undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials or MBA study in analytical fields with 5-8 years of experience in a global professional services/ strategy consulting firm
- Experience in business research and data analytics with willingness to acquire domain expertise
- Strong business judgement orientation, analytical ability, and problem solving skills
- Relevant subject experience in digital tools and data analytics – e.g. Semrush, Crimson Hexagon, Similarweb, Jumpshot, Google analytics, etc
- Experience in researching new tools and piloting them to drive fit for purpose adoption
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to drive and influence senior level discussions succinctly to favorable outcomes.
Other Important Criteria:
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and lead open ended ideas to practical results
- Ability to lead with maturity and inspiration
- Perceived as a fair and unbiased role model
- Is a strong positive influence in any group they are part of
- Strong team player and demonstrated ability to motivate self and team members and proactively communicate status and roadblocks to supervisors
- Willingness to play an individual contributor role as well as lead teams by appropriately spanning big picture and detail orientation
- Quick learner, willing to get into the details; good at thriving in a fast paced environment and able to work independently
- Ability to travel within US at various clients and internationally to work with CoE team members who maybe in other geographic hubs
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS