Software Configuration Associate Developer I
The Managed Services team is responsible for all the infrastructure and automation required to support continuous integration and continuous delivery both for client cloud (UAT and Production) environments and internal environments.
The successful candidate would work as part of a global team to help manage these environments and ensure that Managed Services requests are actioned within well defined SLAs.
The successful applicant will play an integral role in the Managed Services offering providing support and expertise to ensure maximum uptime of environments. They will ensure that client SLAs are strictly adhered to and their primary focus will be on continuous performant operations.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be involved in core team tasks including investigating and resolving environment issues, investigating and implementing automated solutions and analysing and improving existing SCM tool chain applications.
The successful applicant will be required to liaise with the other teams in Managed Services to ensure the overall team works together as one. The candidate will also need to be able to liaise with various other groups (e.g. Support, Architecture, IT) to ensure issues are resolved, new tools/trends are analysed, etc.
The successful applicant should be familiar with operating in a challenging environment supported from different locations and should also have a strong appreciation of Development processes, toolsets and delivery infrastructure, and be comfortable working with multiple differing systems and tools.
The successful applicant will be required to work within a team structure. The candidate should demonstrate a willingness to learn new technologies, processes, toolsets and be comfortable working with multiple differing systems.
Duties & accountabilities
• Manage client cloud environments (UAT and production)
• Occasional outside support hours will be required as part of an on call rota to provide 24/7 cover
• Action Managed Services requests within defined SLAs,
• Optimize processes around Service Requests, resource reclamation, and monitoring.
• Implement automated solutions for repetitive and manual tasks.
• Analysis and improvement of existing SCM tool chain applications
• Collaboration with Managed Services stakeholders to refine and continuously improve deliverables and services according to their requirements.
• Collaboration with IT / Technical Architecture in R&D to assess tooling and trends.
• Manage internal environments
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
• 3-5 years of experience in a similar role
• Good working knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems and technologies - including shell scripting, OS configuration and troubleshooting
• Good working knowledge of the Java eco system
• Prior experience of Incident Management/Ticketing Systems (e.g. Jira, ServiceNow) and workflows
• Good working knowledge of JEE applications and application servers e.g. JBoss, Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere
• Understanding of messaging oriented middleware especially JMS (e.g. IBM MQ, Active MQ)
• Understanding of cloud computing concepts
• Working knowledge of AWS
• Experience of supporting a high uptime/high availability (24x7) system
• Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, concepts and tooling
• Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Groovy, Perl)
• Familiarity with build automation and dependency management
• Ability to work within a team containing geographically disparate people
• Familiarity with source control systems (e.g. SVN, GIT) - branching, hook scripting, access control, backup & recovery
• SQL and JAVA skills would be an advantage
• Good working knowledge of software development lifecycle
• Strong analytical/troubleshooting skills
• Excellent written and verbal English
• Proven ability to collaborate in a team environment
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong inter-personal skills with practical, can-do approach
• Proactive work ethic
• Desire and ability for quick learning of new tools and technologies
• Proven documentation skills
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.