Software Product Manager
The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that represents the communities we serve.
As part of the nations central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. At the Fed, you have the opportunity to become part of an important public service institution whose work touches lives across the globe. Its a big job, and thats why we need talented, results-driven professionals who care about making a difference.
The Software Delivery Manager is responsible for bringing products to end users in an engaging, functional way, while collaborating with other Federal Reserve Banks and Business Lines. This individual will work creatively and pragmatically to conserve resources and engage the product lines potential audience. Knowledge of key demographics and an innovative perspective on software products are important in this role.
The Software Delivery Manager acts as a leader within the company, operating in a proactive manner while working under limited supervision. The successful candidate will consistently exhibit flexibility, professionalism, discretion, honesty and integrity in work at all times.
- Understands how end users use the software product(s) and prepares strategies to coincide with buying patterns
- Accountable for product performance and product performance impact to the endpoint
- Defines and communicates the product strategy and roadmap
- Practices discretion when discussing the production roll-out and maintains confidentiality
- Oversees the software products life cycle, including retirement, and anticipate any problems
- Evaluates product potential and positions the product line so that it appeals to end users
- Writes a go-to-production summary and introduces it to the production environment
- Identifies and approaches potential vendors; manages current vendors
- Creates presentations and communications for each product launch and forecasts financial and operational impacts
- Makes recommendations for product improvement and ensures actions are followed through to completion in a timely manner
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree in Business, Computer Science, or other business related field of study
- Three years of software product delivery management experience in a supervisory capacity
- Knowledge of the software market, software product components, dependencies, and integration with endpoints
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent products
- Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted for any of the above
WORK HOURS AND CONDITIONS:
- M-F from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; hours may vary due to assignments/attendance; 5% travel may be required.
- This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's qualifications as determined by the department.
- The selected candidate for this position will be required to pass a credit and criminal background check; selected candidates may be required to complete a job related assessment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
. Primary Location:
TX-Dallas Work Locations: Organization:
Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas Schedule:
Full-time Job Type:
Day Job Travel:
Yes, 5 % of the Time