Chemicals Research Consultant - OMDC
IHS Chemicals Research Analyst's primary responsibility is to convert his or her experience, knowledge, insights, and analysis into sustainable, profitable IHS services. Marketing IHS and themselves as experts with professionalism is essential to this role. Consultants should also endeavor to build and nourish relationships with key industry contacts that utilize or could benefit from IHS services.
Analysts execute and deliver, and ultimately sell consulting engagements and, as such, play an integral role in every aspect of the client relationship. This includes advising, marketing, product development, client support, billing, and collection. Analysts are responsible for assembling, creating, and presenting engagement-specific analysis independently and as part of project teams.
- Maintain general knowledge of petrochemical market for interaction with project managers and, occasionally, clients.
- Support execution of project proposals requested by clients. Capable of independent work to support project delivery.
- Possess and demonstrate clear communications skills and analytical creativity to determine and develop deliverables that best serve client needs and budget.
- Expected to have excellent analytical skills to support requirements of projects he/she leads or supports. Be an expert in building and using models to satisfy unique project requests.
- Maintain a fundamental working knowledge of the basic IHS databases and tools.
- Prepare written reports or presentations following IHS standards. Be capable of summarizing project information for clear presentation of results and conclusions to clients. Interface with client if necessary in the presentation of the final results.
- Ensure consistency of complex project model assumptions with internal econometric model assumptions where appropriate.
- Support commercial and technology assessments. Understand, use, improve, and develop competitive assessment tools and economic modeling tools. Actively pursue and develop unique analytical approaches that provide value to IHS's clients and/or potential clients. Execute or support execution of projects using these tools and other unique analytical approaches.
- Support maintenance and improvement of financial and economic models and support transaction analysis. Develop and improve cash flow models used for financial analysis. Use financial and economic models to support valuation analysis.
- Support litigation activities including damage and lost profit assessments, document review, and data mining, support expert report and expert testimony preparation and other activities in support of litigation practice.
- Bachelors Degree, technical preferred; 1-3 years of industry experience
- Provide an unbiased view of the past, present, and future of the petrochemical commercial markets.
- Execute single client proposals requested by clients. As candidate gains experience, they should be able to sell and negotiate closure of proposals.
- Project management responsibilities require that the Consultant manage the analysis and report generation required to satisfy single client projects. Consultant may be required to direct analysis and reports from other service groups within IHS and/or to complete analysis and reports based on work of other IHS consultants.
- Maintain a detailed working knowledge of the basic IHS databases and tools. Be able to manipulate models or extract information from models to satisfy unique single client requests.
- Market IHS products and services via direct and indirect client contact.
- Actively pursue and develop unique analytical approaches that provide value to IHS's clients and/or potential clients.
- Support and expand engagements into larger strategic advisory roles for IHS.
- Able to summarize report into presentation format and delivery presentation to client.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Professional Suite, especially advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Personable interface at multiple levels within a client's organization. Cooperatively work across the IHS Markit organization at multi levels to efficiently and effectively utilize the resources and knowledge base available in a team approach.
- Effectively communicate internationally with colleagues or clients in other world regions in multiple time zones. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel (including international travel), although travel is minimal for this position but sometime required.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.