Investment Management Operations Associate, Technology,Operations
Investment Management Operations Associate- Technology & Operations Program in San Antonio, Texas | Careers at TX-San Antonio Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job. Returning Candidate? Investment Management Operations Associate- Technology & Operations Program Location : Location US-TX-San Antonio ID 2019-6620 Category Operations & Technology Position Type Full-Time
AllianceBernstein (AB) is a global investment-management firm providing industry-leading research and investment solutions through a combination of innovation, intellectual curiosity and relentless ingenuity. We offer high-quality research and diversified investment services to institutional and individual investors worldwide. Our clients include some of the world's top institutions as well as private-wealth clients and retail investors. Through close partnerships with our clients, we collaborate on investment strategies across regions and sectors to inspire innovative thinking and deliver superior outcomes.
We invest in our people and in the communities in which we operate, and we celebrate our diversity to showcase what makes us unique. We offer our talent the opportunity to grow professionally while working on cutting-edge ideas and outcomes in a global culture that operates as a tight-knit community.
If you're ready to innovate and grow your career, join us.
AllianceBernstein is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or citizenship status.
We established the Technology & Operations Program (TOP) in 2000 to develop our next generation of leaders. During this two-year program for recent graduates, Associates experience three challenging eight-month rotations in a particular track or career path, in this case, Investment Management Operations, before joining a permanent team. Associates will have the unique opportunity to rotate through many areas of the business gaining exposure and visibility across the firm, while benefiting from formalized training and mentorship.
Operations Rotations at AllianceBernstein
Operations delivers a wide range of middle and back office support to all AllianceBernstein’s investment services (equities, fixed income, alternative investments) as well as distribution channels (institutional clients, individuals and private clients). Operations in San Antonio also include AllianceBernstein’s Transfer Agency, AB Investor Services (ABIS), a leading provider of client and record keeping services to our Shareholder and Broker Dealer community.
In your rotations, you will work with experienced professionals to focus on day-to-day support of Operations services, special projects, and solutions to interesting and challenging global business problems. You will learn by working closely with your project manager, mentor and team members in a highly collaborative, team oriented environment.
Potential rotational teams include:
- Pricing & Valuations: Responsible for timely and accurate valuations of all asset types held in client accounts. A rotation on this team offers the opportunity to deep-dive into quality control and integrity of pricing data.
- Operational Risk: Partners with the business to: develop key risk and performance indicators that provide a balanced view of our organization and can be used to improve its processes, ensure proper controls and escalation capabilities are in place globally, and coordinate risk mitigation initiatives. A rotation in this team offers the opportunity to understand the firm’s operational risk framework and develop competencies and skills required of a risk professional.
- Private Client Reporting: Responsible for the production and delivery of private client reports. The Associate will develop advanced reporting skills while learning about our monthly brokerage statements, monthly and quarterly portfolio reports, daily confirms, the annual tax package, and custom client reports.
- Private Client Administration: Provides daily support for all Private Client Account specific activity and ad hoc queries such as new account setup and processing, facilitating and tracking of asset transfers, bond analysis and liquid net worth, corporate actions and margin inquiries. A rotation on this team offers a deep dive into the account setup process, asset transfers, bond analysis and liquid net worth, corporate actions, margin inquiries, and the inner workings of our investment vehicles.
- Reference Data Management Services: Responsible for maintaining core data for all of AllianceBernstein, such as security setup, pricing, corporate actions, class actions and proxy. The Associate will gain an understanding of what it takes to establish a security on our security master and how that security in managed throughout its lifecycle as well as the multiple downstream consuming applications and their use of the data.
- AB Defined Contribution Operations: ABDC Operations provides support for our defined contribution products: Custom Retirement Strategies (CRS), Lifetime Income Strategy (LIS), Retirement Strategies, Wealth Strategies as well as our CIT business. The Associate will gain insight into the investment process and learn about our defined contribution products.
- Separately Managed Accounts (SMA) Operations: Supports equity and fixed income portfolio management, trading and sales teams by performing critical daily, weekly and monthly tasks to ensure account data is accurate and accounts are invested properly. The Associate will gain an understanding of and support the SMA business including front, middle and back office processes. The Associate will also partner with management and the team to complete process improvement and risk reduction initiatives.
Transfer Agency Operations
- Domestic and Offshore Financial Control: responsible for reconciliation of all TA related bank accounts and cash movement between funds and TA. This performs additional functions supporting NAV delivery and commission payments and serves as liaison between Global Fund Accounting, Corporate Accounting and our custodian banks.
- Global Operational Risk Management (GORM): responsible for protecting AllianceBernstein and its mutual fund investors through surveillance of activity to identify and prevent fraud or any other unusual activity. This team performs functions to mitigate risk/loss to the firm and a rotation in GORM offers insight to money movement within the financial services industry.
- BADS (Business Application Development Services) provides a diverse set of services to ABIS’ Domestic and International business units. The BADs team delivers application support and development services for multiple vendor developed applications (AWD, TA2000 Desktop, SMARTDESK, and STOR QM.) Additionally, the team plays a major role in Process Design and Workflow development, is responsible for ABIS custom report and data – related automation, and provides business analysis and documentation services which facilitate the creation of AllianceBernstein custom applications developed by ABIT (AB Information Technology).
Partner Distribution Services (PDS)
- Sales Operations and Back Office Support Team: responsible for providing support to ABI Sales and managing our operational relationship with back offices for our intermediaries.
- NSCC Operations Support: responsible for ensuring daily trade activity submitted via NSCC (approximately 95% of our fund daily trade volume) is completed successfully.
- Sales Data Management Operations: responsible for ensuring sales/redemption reporting is timely and accurately attributed to our sales force.
We’re looking for candidates who demonstrate academic excellence, innovation, leadership potential and a passion for learning our business. Candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- December 2019 or May/June 2020 Bachelor’s degree candidates in accounting, finance, economics, business administration or related fields
- Cumulative GPA of 3.3 or better
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Client focus and an interest in serving our firm’s internal clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Aspiration for a career in investment management operations
Besides the best corporate culture in the industry:
- TOP Associates participate in the rotation selection process!
- First-hand training and experience with innovative technologies through our apprenticeship model
- Extensive technical and business training opportunities
- Engage with senior leaders through networking events, coffee chats and lunch & learn sessions
- Formal mentorship program
- Tuition reimbursement for CFA, MBA and more!
- 1 on 1 career planning and development sessions
- Opportunity to join multiple Employee Resource and Wellness Groups to connect you with colleagues across the firm
This opportunity is located in San Antonio, TX.
If you have any questions at all about our Program, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Options Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Connect With Us! Not ready to apply? for general consideration.
Software Powered by iCIMS