At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of what’s possible—together.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News and San Antonio Express-News.
The bank’s Financial Crimes Compliance (FCC) team is responsible for identifying, investigating and monitoring relationships that pose a money laundering or terrorist financing risk in support of all legal and regulatory requirements relating to anti-money laundering (AML) and counter terrorism financing.
The Monitoring & Surveillance Specialist will perform an assessment of any matter received from any source, conduct sufficient research and/or review to determine whether an investigation is warranted.
- Executing procedures as prescribed; opening reviews for all matters upon which an assessment is performed; determining that an investigation is or is not warranted
- Guaranteeing completeness and consistency in the assessments
- Review and assess research results and conduct complex data analysis
- Ensure appropriate collection and analysis of documents to obtain a complete understanding of the client and identify unusual transaction patterns
- Document the data or information upon which the decision whether proceed or not to proceed to investigation was made
- Identify trends or typologies of incoming referrals to the Unit
- Maintain end-to-end tracking of incoming assessments to ensure that the decision is determined in a timely manner and as needed, feedback is provided to the referring parties
- Document adequately all findings and conclusions related to the assessment with explanations in narrative form
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum 1 year experience specific to the areas of investigations, compliance or audit
- Knowledge of the laws and regulation applicable to money laundering, including the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), The USA Patriot Act, OFAC requirements, FinCEN requirements, and Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) requirements
- Experience with Actimize software preferred
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Excellent writing and research skills, including experience with online research tools
- Ability to develop strong and productive work relationships with others
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Strong written, analytical, and communication skills
- Able to multitask and complete projects on time