The Enterprise Risk Management Department (ERM) oversees the Corporate Risk Management programs and other key risk management activities including the following: Operational Risk Management (ORM) program, Risk Appetite Statement (RAS) Metrics analysis and reporting, Model Risk Management (MRM) program, risk awareness training, review of new products or services, as well as participation in key regulatory initiatives such as stress testing. ERM chairs or facilitates various management level risk committees and works closely with other corporate risk and administrative functions such as Compliance, Legal, Security Office, Finance and Internal Audit. The Risk Committee (Board Committee) has oversight of the Company's risk management framework and policies including oversight of the ERM function and program. The Head of ERM and CRO provide regular updates and reports to the Risk Committee of the Board.
The Sr. Analyst, ERM will work closely with other members of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team, other Risk Oversight Functions and key Business Unit contacts to effectively execute their role. This role reports directly to the Sr. Director, ERM.
The primary responsibility of the Sr. Analyst, ERM, will be to support the execution of the Operational Risk Management (ORM) Framework, including the facilitation of the Risk & Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) Program and the aggregation and reporting of Operational Risk. The Sr. Analyst will also liaise with functions across the organization to ensure alignment of risk practices.
- Support the design, build and maintenance of an effective, repeatable RCSA process
- Collaborate with first and second-line stakeholders to implement the RCSA process, and other elements of the Operational Risk Management (ORM) framework, throughout the organization.
- Support the design and production of regular Operational Risk Reports, and other documentation, based on regulatory guidance and existing and planned Enterprise Risk Management practices and processes
- Manage the tracking and monitoring of key risks, control gaps and remediation plans
- Act as an ambassador and advocate for the Risk organization in dealings with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare analysis and presentation materials for, and actively participate in, reviews with appropriate working groups and governance committees
- Contribute to any other projects or risk related activities as required.
- Bachelor's degree required (Master's degree desirable) with a minimum of 3-5 years of risk assessment experience and overall 5-7+ years of relevant risk management experience.
- The ideal candidate will have direct experience working in a first or second line risk role within a financial institution, or consulting experience advising financial institutions on the implementation of effective Risk Management programs
- Strong expertise with MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio as well as Adobe. Expertise with Tableau and experience with GRC tools a plus.
- Working knowledge of banking regulations within risk management and bank-capital related disciplines.
- Dedicated team player.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated project management, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to collaborate, negotiate, influence and build consensus across the organization.