Manager, Risk and Policy Governance
Who We Are COMPANY OVERVIEW
More than 30 years ago, E*TRADE pioneered the online brokerage industry by executing the first-ever electronic individual investor trade. While the landscape of our industry has changed dramatically, our culture of innovation and drive to make online trading accessible to everyone continues to drive us forward. We believe in challenging the status quo, fostering an environment of curiosity and learning, and, above all, putting our customers first.
About the Role SUMMARY
The role of the Manager, Risk and Policy Governance will reside within the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) team. You will join a team of energetic associates, driven by ideas and goals to enhance risk management processes across E*TRADE. We look for associates with strong detail orientation while recognizing their role and the impact of their work in the broader organizational framework.
The primary role of the Manager, Risk and Policy Governance is to manage the corporate policies that govern E*TRADE's business, including coordinating between applicable stakeholders across the enterprise to facilitate reviews and updates of policies. The Risk and Policy Governance Manager should have a high level of accountability, detail orientation, and ability to collaborate and communicate clearly with associates at various levels in the organization. Additionally, the Risk and Policy Governance Manager will manage Committee Charters for the Board-approved Committees within E*TRADE. This role will be accountable for ensuring complete and accurate documents, including ensuring any changes requested by business partners or approving Committee(s) are implemented by stated deadlines and prior to final approval. The Risk Governance Manager should be open-minded and able to quickly adapt and pivot to changing priorities, deadlines, and practices while maintaining the highest standards of quality. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and maintain corporate policies and charters, ensuring alignment with enterprise standards and organizational structure.
- Ensure policies and charters are in alignment with the company's risk appetite.
- Lead and coordinate policy reviews according to the annual review schedule.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure accurate and timely policy and charter governance.
- Ensure policy and charter changes and new policies are appropriately communicated to the respective stakeholders.
- Create and maintain recurring reporting to senior management and board committees.
- Provide training and guidance on policy and committee governance and expectations and act as an ongoing subject matter expert regarding these expectations.
- Manage escalation framework as it relates to policy violations and maintain appropriate reporting and tracking.
- Act as a subject matter expert for risk policies.
- Create narratives and summaries on the risk profile of the organization.
- Implement a technology-based solution to manage the policy and committee governance framework.
- Investigate opportunities for process improvement or other streamlining efforts to increase the efficiency of policy and charter governance processes.
- Maintain procedures and documents for reporting on process and progress around risk appetite and alignment across the policies and organization.
- Support various risk projects to further advance the capabilities and efficiency of the ERM program.
- Prepare materials for entity board meetings and ad hoc requests.
- Maintain awareness of market best practices and regulatory requirements for financial institutions regarding policy and committee governance.
- Collaborate with other subject matter experts to determine and communicate the business impact of changes to risk management policy and standards.
- Respond to ad hoc policy related requests from stakeholders (i.e., audit, regulators, etc.).
- Communicate the status of projects, initiatives, and deliverables to ERM Management.
Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS Basic
- 5+ years of work experience within financial services industry in a risk, compliance or audit related position.
- Experience in writing, updating and/or maintaining policies.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of risk management processes.
- Proven knowledge of policy creation and maintenance, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Computer skills, including SharePoint are strongly preferred.
- Process mapping and familiarity with Six Sigma Process Improvement standards a plus.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and its regulations and laws.
- Knowledge of risk management policies, methods, standards, processes, governance models, and industry standard risk analysis approaches.
- Knowledge of current industry regulatory trends that may impact policies.
- Able to collaborate well with internal stakeholders.
- Able to communicate related policies and guidelines.
- Able to be a subject matter expert on risk management policies.
- Attention to detail and strong sense of ownership and accountability are mandatory qualities.
- Demonstrated reading, writing, and communication skills through past experience.
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail through a reading and writing sample.