Lead I, Software Development Engineer in Testing
JobDescription : The Role:
Lead I, Software Development Engineer in Testing The Location:
Charlottesville, Virginia or Richmond, Virginia The Grade (for internal use):
11A The Team:
The Quality Engineering team works in partnership with other Technology Functions and the Business to ensure quality delivery of our products. The team works in an Agile environment and is located globally. The team is independent in driving all decisions and is responsible for continuously improving customer experience, revenue growth and operations enablement through quick turn-around of development of our products with high quality. The Impact:
As a Lead SDET, you will lead in building innovative solutions to test applications across Web/Windows/Mobile/API/Services platforms and framing efficient data comparison methods. Your challenge will be reducing the "time to market" for products without compromising quality, by using automation and innovation. You will use a wide range of technologies and have the opportunity to interact with different internal teams. What's in it for you:
- Working with highly skilled, ambitious and driven professionals.
- Using state of the art technology to innovate while testing.
- An ever-challenging environment to hone your existing skills in Automation, performance, service layer testing, SQL scripting etc.
- A great opportunity to think and execute like a software architect while performing the role of QA.
- Working for an organization which values 'Culture of Urgency' and 'Shift Left' approaches.
- Plenty of skill building, knowledge sharing, innovation and leadership opportunities.
- Building a fulfilling career with a global financial technology company.
What We're Looking For:
- Research, design and build efficient automation/performance frameworks, including test tools and automated test suites that govern whole development cycle for any of our product platforms, based on different Web, Services/APIs and database technologies.
- Design and develop testing strategy based upon project requirements, lead in test cases creation and execution, analyze and report test results to partners.
- Work in partnership with developers and engineers, participate in architecture and design reviews, identify issues and suggest improvements to deliver business functionality on time with required quality.
- Communicate effectively with major business partners including non-technical audience and senior executives, provide cross-function coordination and teamwork.
- Estimate and perform risk analysis for complex projects. Prioritize tasks for a team to ensure critical tasks are completed on time.
- Analyze quality assurance data and metrics to provide insights, conclusions and solutions for improvement.
- Mentor a team of engineers and provide technical leadership, skill-building and support. Develop action plans to execute initiatives, implement new ideas and best methodologies.
- 6-8 years of experience in software testing and test automation/performance, with solid, demonstrable understanding of software development and testing practices.
- 2+ years of experience in leading QA/testing projects and teams
- Proficiency in programming using Python/C#/Java or other languages
- Expertise in designing and implementing automated testing solutions for enterprise applications across the application layers (UI/Service/Data layers) and working with developers in building automation/performance friendly code/components
- Experience working with SOAP and REST service and understanding of SOA architecture
- Experience of distributed source control systems such as Git
- Strong knowledge of RDBMS and SQL/PL-SQL, writing queries, stored procedures and scripts
- Experience of BDD and automation/performance in Agile methodology is highly desirable
- Experience testing CI, DevOps, rolling deployment/upgrade model using well-known frameworks is desirable
- Good Knowledge of cloud technologies like AWS/Azure and experience of testing micro-services, containers, dockers is a plus
- Expertise in developing test strategy, test plans and test cases, engaging in Exploratory Testing, creating and analyzing Defect Reports and root-cause analysis
- Experience in identifying performance/load/stress testing needs and planning, using testing tools and analysis of metrics
- Experience in performance testing tools like HP LoadRunner/Performance Center/StormRunner, JMeter.
- Experience of working with the Development team to collect and re-use automated unit test cases and other development test objects
- Experience with debugging tools like: Dev Tools, Network Sniffer, Fiddler etc.
- Experience in monitoring, profiling and tuning tools e.g. CA Wily Introscope, AppDynamics etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience delivering effective documentation and presentations
- Excellent ability to lead project teams, prioritize tasks, track and report progress and ensuring delivery on time.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor's or higher qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent is preferred
About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit, S&P Global Market Intelligence
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.